The IWEF Plein Air Competition for Watercolourists!
Your Completed painting: Must be returned to the Moores Building by 1pm on Saturday.
Judging: will take place between 1:30pm and 2.00pm at the Moores Building.
Prize-giving: will take place between 5.00pm and 6.30pm at the South Balcony, Harbourside, 42 Mews Road, Fremantle
Artist details: please write your name, phone number and email address, the title and price of your work on the back of your completed painting and complete the attached LABEL if you wish to have your work for sale.
Please make sure that your personal belongings are kept safe at all times while you are out Plein Air Painting.
General rules and conditions:
- This is a plein air competition which means all entries must be the entrant’s original work of art created, started and completed by the entrant while outdoors during the Competition.
- The use of cameras, ipads, mobile phones etc is discouraged. We suggest you take a photo of your finished work in situ.
- The Competition is open to all. Those under 15 years to have a guardian supervisor.
- The definition of watercolour as laid out by the Constitution of the Watercolour Society of WA will apply:
“A painting is deemed to be a watercolour when water is the vehicle for mixing and applying colour pigments. Any water based medium may be used in the recognized watercolour techniques with the exception of water soluble acrylics, oils and pastels.”
- Only one completed painting per entrant will be accepted for judging
- The paintings will be on display and for sale for one week until 18th June 2022 at the Moores Building.
- Displaying your painting at the Moores Building is not compulsory.
- Please collect your painting between 10am and 4pm on on Saturday 18th June 2022.
- A commission of 25% will apply to all paintings sold.
Download the Registration Form for the Plein Air Competition as a Word Doc. Registration Form – Word
Download the Registration Form for the Plein Air Competition as a printable PDF Registration Form – PDF
Download a printable version of the Rules of the Competition Competition Rules