Mastering Watercolour, in and out of the studio
A three-day Masterclass held in Mandurah, Western Australia as part of the Plein Air Down Under event. The Watercolour Society is pleased to see Amit in WA again and encourages you to take the opportunity to learn from one of the great masters.
In this three-day Masterclass Amit will share his inspiration and skills in both a studio and plein air setting. His teaching will focus on how to use perspective, combined with the play of light and shadow, to create a dynamic painting.
The Masterclass includes:
- What materials and tools to use, and why
- How to do thumbnail sketches before beginning a painting
- The importance of drawing and sketching
- Fundamentals of Composition (Golden Rules)
- How to simplify a complicated composition
- Daily demonstrations
- How to paint street scenes
- How to paint boats and reflections
Says Amit: “Painting with watercolours is one of my greatest delights and has now become an addiction! It is a way for me to visually express my creativity within an environment of great tranquility. Inspired by the Impressionists, I see things as an impression of colours. I love to be expressive with bold strokes, a colourful palette and allowing the brush go with the flow.”
September 26, 27 & 28 Mandurah
Cost: $590 per person Register and pay
View more of Amit’s work at www.amitcapoorwatercolor.com