A one-day introduction to Watercolour with watercolour specialist, Penny Maddison, who has made every mistake possible and figured out how to fix most of them and is happy to share everything she knows.
If you don’t know where to start this could be it!
Answers to questions such as;
- Why do people think watercolour is so hard, and why they are wrong.
- What colours to buy at the start and why, which paper to choose and why, and why are there so many different brushes and what do they all do.
- Colour theory so you can mix any colour without having to buy it but also to help you create mood, distance and add impact.
- Basic drawing and some handy tricks to help you along and speed up the process.
- How to do a wash, a graduated wash and why that may not be any use to you. Skills you thought you had to master but don’t.
- Why watercolour is the best medium to use and how to get the most out of it? How to enjoy it which is important because you won’t do the “Brush Miles” if you’re not having fun and brush miles are the secret to success.
Most importantly how not to be scared of it.
Dates: Sunday 22 March, 2020
Places: Limited to 12
Time: 10.00 am to 3.30 pm
Place: The Moores Building, Henry Street, Fremantle – where the exhibition is being held. Upstairs in Studio 4.
Cost: $80 inc GST. Direct Debit or Cash
All material supplied except a note/sketch book. And an old towel.
DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS WORKSHOP BY LEAVING A COMMENT. ALWAYS CONTACT THE ORGANISER OF EACH WORKSHOP DIRECTLY.