The Moores Building, Henry Street, Fremantle WA
Friday, 13th March until Monday 13th April 2020
- Each organisation is invited to submit up to 5 watercolour paintings, any subject, one painting per artist.
- Any water based medium may be used in the recognized watercolour techniques with the exception of water soluble acrylics, oils and pastels.
- The image of each painting should be 35cm x 50cm, either portrait or landscape orientation, plus a border for fixing to the matboard.
- Will be held in the Moores Building, Henry Street, Fremantle from Friday, 13th March until Monday 13th April 2020
- Up to 150 watercolour paintings will be displayed
- The exhibition will have its official opening on Friday 13th March
- All paintings will be displayed professionally in frames, provided by the WSWA, with a matboard (passepartout)
- The frames will remain the property of the WSWA after the exhibition
- Paintings may be offered for sale unframed – please price accordingly
- Unsold paintings will be returned in one package to each organisation
- $120 for each participating artist
entry fees cover
- The cost of the exhibition venue
- Framing – all paintings will be framed in natural wood frames
- A catalogue for each exhibitor plus one catalogue for each organisation
- All costs associated with producing the catalogue
- The Official opening of the exhibition including wine and refreshments
- The entry fees must be paid in a single transfer for all the exhibiting members of each organisation by 31st July 2019 with the payment reference IWEF and your organisation’s name eg IWEFAIA or IWEFSAP etc to the following bank account:
The Watercolour Society of WA
Commonwealth Bank of Australia, 59 Angelo Street, South Perth 6151 WA
BIC/SWIFT code: CTBAAU2S
A/C No: 1025463
We recommend using TransferWise if it is available in your country.
- A professionally printed and produced catalogue illustrating every painting exhibited will be provided for every exhibiting artist and their organisation.
- The catalogues will be sent in one package to each organisation.
Sale of Paintings
- Paintings may be offered for sale. The WSWA will charge a 25% commission on all sales
- Proceeds from sales will be paid to the artist by bank transfer
- No early removal of paintings is permitted
- The WSWA will bear the cost of sending sold paintings to the purchaser, if necessary
- The paintings from each organisation must be sent in one shipment, unframed and without a matboard (passepartout) preferably in a postal tube, to arrive no later than 31st October 2019
- Post to:
The Watercolour Society of WA
172 Pinjar Road
Mariginiup Western Australia 6078
Please attach the following form to the back of each work
|The International Watercolour Exhibition – Fremantle 13 March – 13 April 2020|
|Name of Organisation:|
|Name of Artist:|
|Address of artist:|
|Email of artist:|
|Title of work:|
- In addition to the above, please advise the WSWA, by email, when your paintings have been sent. Please attach a copy of the above form for each artist, including a sale price. (Do not include the sale price on the back of the paintings.)
- Please advise your Society’s bank details. All monies from sales will be transferred to your organisation for distribution to your artists.
paintings will be handled with the best of care however, the WSWA and its
volunteers accept no responsibility for theft, loss or damage of any kind.
Insurance is the sole responsibility of the participants.
Activities during the exhibition
- Friday, 13th March 2020 at the Moores Building, Henry Street, Fremantle at 6.30
- Wine and refreshments will be served
Plein Air Competition
- Saturday, 14th March throughout the City of Fremantle
- Paintings will be displayed on the first floor of the Moores Building
- Sunday, 15th March at the Moores Building
- Visiting artists will demonstrate to the general public throughout the day
- Five x 3 hour workshops will be held between Monday 16th March and Friday, 20th March by leading Australian watercolourist, JOSEPH ZBUKVIC
- Details of fees and booking these workshops will be available at a later date but expressions of interest are welcome
Visit to Caversham Wildlife Park
- Aussie Redback Tours will organise a one day trip to the Caversham Wildlife Park
- Koalas, kangaroos, emus, wombats, possums, quokkas, etc
- Plenty of opportunities to paint and sketch Australian native flora and fauna
- Further details, including costs and how to book will be available at a later date but expressions of interest are welcome
- Will be held at Bathers Beach Restaurant, Fremantle on Friday 20th March from 6pm
- Enjoy a pre-dinner drink on the beach as the sun goes down
- Cost will be approximately $80 per head for two courses and drinks
From Monday, 23rd March until Monday 13th April, members of the WSWA will hold workshops, demonstrations, sketching sessions with models at the Moores Building.
Further details will be available at a later date on this website. Sign up for notification emails for when new content is added to this site. Link is at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to welcoming you to Western Australia!